This month I'm doing a 30-Day Blog Challenge. Each day I will offer up a serving of what's in my heart in the moment. My wish is for you to receive a delicious blessing, and my hope is that you will feel inspired to leave a precious morsel of that in the comments. Thanks for stopping by!
What does it mean to live life authentically? To live and speak your truth? What are the ingredients for a life worth living?
One way to answer these questions for yourself is to look at some of your life decisions (the ones you're still living with) and examine their results. Notice which decisions have enslaved, exhausted and starved your soul and which ones have freed, energized and fed your soul.
From this perspective, you should receive some very clear messages about how you got to where you are in this moment. The key now is not to beat yourself up for making decisions that created hardship. Instead, take responsibility for making them, forgive yourself and release them. Beginning right now, wipe the slate clean, open your arms and decide to make all of your current and future decisions with a new state of consciousness about the well being of your soul.
That action alone will create one of the single most significant shifts in your life because it will unlock the door to authenticity.
Knowing what feeds your soul and making ALL decisions based on that criteria is the simplest most direct way to create a life worth living. Once you discover this, you will look for the quickest exit plan possible from all those decisions that are currently enslaving, exhausting and starving you. You'll then be free to make new choices, choices that are in line with who you are…choices that nurture, feed and inspire you.
This can be applied to all aspects of our lives, our work, our relationships, our living situation, our creative expression, etc. The beauty in this is that we can start fresh at any time right where we are.
What new decisions can you make right now that will nurture your soul?
Here are some suggestions:
- Enjoy some alone time
- Go on a creative date
- Make your home sacred
- Try a new form of exercise or movement
- Do a week-long mental fast from negative thoughts
- Get rid of some stuff you don't need
- Spend time in nature
- Pay it forward
- Make a bucket list
- Listen longer and talk less
- Write down your dreams
- Meditate for 30 minutes twice per day
- Make a God jar and put your worries, fears and problems there
- Do something for someone else without anyone knowing about it
- Do at least one thing that inspires you
- Say yes to something that makes you nervous
- Speak without using the word "I" for one day
- Practice being silent one day per week
- Pray as the sun rises every morning for a week
- Reach out to someone who hasn't heard from you in a while
- Take an extended break from all screen time
- Create a home spa experience
What additional ways can you think of to nourish your soul?