This month I'm doing a 30-Day Blog Challenge. Each day I will offer up a serving of what's in my heart in the moment. My wish is for you to receive a delicious blessing, and my hope is that you will feel inspired to leave a precious morsel of that in the comments. Thanks for stopping by!
I just finished reading the book, Love Yourself Like Your Life Depended On It, by Kamal Ravikant which I highly recommend, along with his other book, Live Your Truth and I was inspired to write a post based on a question about loving yourself. I'm a bit obsessed with questions...it's' one of the tools of my trade as a coach and consultant.
I found the question extremely useful in that it helps you to laser in which aspects of your life are serving your Highest Good and which are not. It's also a great question to ask before making a major decision.
Okay, here goes...(these questions and this exercise are not taken from the book, but rather loosely inspired by it).
If you really loved yourself, would you be living life the way you're currently living it?
You can apply any situation, relationship or circumstance in the blanks. For example, "If I really loved myself would I still __________________? If I really loved myself, wouldn't I ___________________ instead?
Here are a few more questions to consider along that line.
If you really loved yourself...
- Would you be working at your current job? Or running your current business? Or doing what it whatever you're currently doing to bring in money?
- Would you be in your current relationship? Or for those that are single, alone?
- Would you be living in your current dwelling? City? State? With the people you live with?
- Would you be eating the food you eat?
- Would you be spending your time the way you do?
- Would you be spending your money the way you do?
- Would you be expressing yourself creatively the way you do?
- Would you be honoring the sacred in your life the way you do?
- Would you be putting up with the things you do?
- Would you be making decisions the way your do?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, that means you're truly loving yourself. If you answered "no" to any of these questions, it's time for a change so that your choices and your life align with your soul's needs and with your core inner values.
Also, before a major decision ask yourself, "If I really loved myself, would I do this?" Or in the midst of considering letting go of something ask yourself, "If I really loved myself would I continue to do this?"